Of all the upper arm blood pressure monitors available, I recommend the following. They are all clinically validated for accuracy and each have something different to offer, across a range of prices to suit all pockets.
Omron M2 Basic or Classic Model
The Omron M2 Basic or Classic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is a #1 best seller for good reason. It is supplied with a medium sized cuff (22-32cm) but a larger cuff is available separately, as an accessory. It is clinically validated to the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) standard.
The features I particularly like are that it is:
- Simple to use with just one button
- Inflates the cuff to the ideal level each time, based on your current blood pressure
- Stores your last reading
|The Omron M2 Basic or Classic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is an excellent, reliable monitor that offers excellent value for occasional or everyday use.
Check price on Amazon.co.ukView offers on Amazon.com
Braun ExactFit 3- BP6000
As its name suggests, this upper arm monitor fits most adults as it comes ready supplied with two cuff sizes: one designed for small/medium arms (22 – 32cm) and one for larger arms (32-43cm). It is easy to use, fully automated, and validated to the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) standard.
The features I particularly like are:
- Large buttons and an easy-to-read display
- It has a green, amber and red indicator bar which shows at-a-glance whether your blood pressure is normal or raised
- Average button which shows your average blood pressure based on your 3 most recent readings – useful to show average blood pressure across a day
- The ability to store the latest 40 readings for two separate users, with time and date
- Soft inflation for more comfortable measurements
- Automatic switch off after one minute, to save batteries
- Low battery indicator so it won’t stop working unexpectedly.
|The Braun ExactFit 3 – BP6000 monitor is a reliable, sturdy, monitor that offers excellent value for money, especially if you need to monitor your blood pressure several times a day.
Check price on Amazon.co.uk See offers on Amazon.com
Braun ExactFit 5 – BP6200
This Braun upper arm blood pressure monitor is the one I use most often at home. It comes complete with two premium cuffs (one to fit a small or medium arm, one to fit a large or extra-large arm) so will fit anyone in the family who needs their blood pressure checked. Using the right-sized cuff will provide the most accurate readings. Like all Braun monitors, it is validated for clinical accuracy according to standards set by the European Hypertension Society (EHS).
In addition to all the expected features of the Braun ExactFit 3 model above, this upgraded device:
- stores 60 readings for two users, with time and date
- provides morning and evening average blood pressure for the past seven days – essential to see how your blood pressure varies if it is not currently well controlled.
- provides all the information your doctor needs to assess your home monitoring results when prescribing medication to improve your blood pressure control.
|Check price from Boots.com in the UK
View offers on Amazon.co.uk
View price on Amazon.com
QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor (for iOS and Android)
This award-winning, smart monitor works together with your smartphone which, after wireless pairing with the downloadable Qardio App will display the results of your blood pressure readings. NB you only get the arm monitor – the phone shown is not included. It is clinically validated to AAMI standards and the cuff fits an upper arm circumference of 22cm to 37cm.
The QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor has several attractive features which make it stand out from the crowd, including:
- An ability to upload, store and share your data with your doctor and family members if you wish.
- Location tracking so you can see how your blood pressure varies depending on your location – is it high at work by normal at home, for example?
- Irregular heartbeat detection – can detect abnormal heart rhythms such as atrial fibrillation.
- Reminders you can set so you remember to measure your blood pressure regularly.
- A range of colours such as: Arctic White, Gold, Electric Blue, Midnight Blue, Imperial Red, Lightning Red and Racing Yellow.
The monitor is ideal if you lead an active lifestyle, as you can check your blood pressure easily and discreetly while you are away from home.
|The QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor varies tremendously in price across the web, but the best value I’ve seen so far is from Amazon. Prices vary depending on the colour option you choose.
See price on Amazon.co.uk
Check offers on Amazon.com